Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Dengue death toll in eastern Indonesia jumps to 48 - The Star Online
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 09:30 GMT
- Global Dengue Testing Market: Growth, Trends and Forecast (2020-2025) - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Galveston County Daily News
Fri, 03 Apr 2020 14:36 GMT
- Does climate change facilitate the spread and transmission of dengue? - Healio
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 18:26 GMT
- Dengue danger, not just Covid-19 - The Star Online
Wed, 01 Apr 2020 06:16 GMT
- Dengue fever kills 104, infects more than 17,000 nationwide since January - The Jakarta Post - Jakarta Post
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Health officials confirm dengue fever case in Florida Keys - WJXT News4JAX
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:16 GMT
- There’s a case of dengue fever in the Keys, health officials say - Miami Herald
Mon, 09 Mar 2020 23:14 GMT
- Dengue threatens to open another battlefront in capital - theindependentbd.com
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 19:00 GMT
- More than 4000 dengue cases in Singapore since start of 2020 as virus strain re-emerges - CNA
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Dengue fever infects more than 4,500 people, kills 48 in East Nusa Tenggara - The Jakarta Post - Jakarta Post
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 03:53 GMT
- Locally transmitted cases of dengue fever found in two Townsville suburbs - Townsville Bulletin
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Forum: Dengue control measures have significantly reduced transmissions - The Straits Times
Sun, 08 Mar 2020 08:00 GMT
- Researchers Genetically Modify Mosquitos to Prevent Dengue Fever - The Heartland Institute
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Bangladesh confronts rising dengue cases in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic - Firstpost
Thu, 02 Apr 2020 12:53 GMT
- Dengue fever cases in Townsville could potentially be ruled an outbreak as local cases confirmed - ABC News
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 03:19 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Dengue/DHF update (04): Americas
Mon, 30 Mar 2020 05:46:31 -0400
Dengue -- United States
Cases by Country / Week updated* / Serotype / Total / Confirmed / Severe / Deaths
USA / 12 [w/e 21 Mar 2020] / D? / 77 / 77 / 0 / 0
Central America and Mexico
Belize / 7 [w/e 15 Feb] / D1,3 / 473 / 156 / 0 / 0
Costa Rica / 9 [w/e 29 Feb] / D1,2 / 1275 / 77 / 0 / 0
El Salvador / 11 [w/e 14 Mar] / D2 / 2042 / 19 / 4 / 0
Guatemala / 11 [w/e 14 Mar] / D1,2,3 / 2808 / 1130 / 1 / 1
Honduras / 11 [w/e 14 Mar] / D1,2 / 10 966 / 21 / 939 / 9
Mexico / 12 [w/e 21 Mar] / D1,2,3,4
- Fatal Cerebral Haemorrhage in a Thrombolysed Patient with Ischaemic Stroke Who Developed Interval Thrombocytopaenia from Acute Dengue Infection.
- Heterogeneous genetic invasions of three insecticide resistance mutations in Indo-Pacific populations of Aedes aegypti (L.).
- Quantitative and Selective Surface Plasmon Resonance Response Based on a Reduced Graphene Oxide-Polyamidoamine Nanocomposite for Detection of Dengue Virus E-Proteins.
- Dengue Surveillance System in Brazil: A Qualitative Study in the Federal District.
- Identification of Mosquito Bloodmeals Collected in Diverse Habitats in Malaysian Borneo Using COI Barcoding.