Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. There is currently no specific treatment for dengue.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Tiny bacterium helps NEA fight spread of dengue
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:00 GMT
- Dengue cases in Putrajaya drop 38pc compared to 2017
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 20:05 GMT
- Prior Dengue Infection in Pregnant Women May Increase Risk of Severe Zika in Their Babies
Fri, 16 Nov 2018 14:00 GMT
- Dealing with dengue
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 21:08 GMT
- Dengue fever: Autochthonous case reported in Catalonia
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 00:46 GMT
- 'Come winter, dengue menace will subside'
Sat, 17 Nov 2018 20:30 GMT
- Penang using smartphone app to fight dengue
Sat, 17 Nov 2018 09:17 GMT
- Maternally acquired Zika immunity can increase dengue disease severity in mouse pups
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 16:01 GMT
- Indoor surveillance needed to avoid dengue fever
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 00:25 GMT
- Dengue count 498 in Muktsar
Fri, 16 Nov 2018 19:46 GMT
- Dengue outbreaks: Are cities losing the war?
Fri, 16 Nov 2018 05:27 GMT
- Mosquito Feeding Habits May Alter Dengue Virus Transmission
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 14:44 GMT
- Honduras horror: dengue on the rise
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:43 GMT
- Takeda dengue vaccine candidate may prevent all four serotypes
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:45 GMT
- American Samoa contains dengue outbreak
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 03:22 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Chikungunya (06): Africa (Sudan) mixed outbreak
Mon, 08 Oct 2018 23:31:26 -0400
Chikungunya -- Sudan
The Federal Ministry of Health in recent times has informed WHO of an outbreak of chikungunya that has affected eastern states. To date, a total of 13 430 suspected cases were reported from the country, primarily from Kassala and Red Sea state. Samples have been tested both by PCR and by serology. A number of samples have also been tested positive for dengue fever.
Chikungunya is a mosquito-borne viral disease. It can be easily be mistaken for other arboviral diseases such as dengue or Zika