Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Dengue Bulletin, Vol-41 - World Health Organization
Mon, 29 Mar 2021 07:00 GMT
- Coronavirus disease 2019 and dengue: two case reports - BMC Blogs Network
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 07:00 GMT
- Dengue Outbreaks Continue in the Americas - PrecisionVaccinations
Sat, 03 Apr 2021 07:00 GMT
- Brazil at high risk of dengue outbreaks after droughts because of temporary water storage: Government must invest in adequate water systems to reduce mosquito habitats - Science Daily
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 22:30 GMT
- [Full text] Dengue prevention and the acceptance to dengue vaccination | PPA - Dove Medical Press
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 21:52 GMT
- In the US, Imminent Release of Genetically Modified Mosquitoes To Fight Dengue - The Wire Science
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:29 GMT
- Anti-dengue activities begin in Patiala - The Tribune
Sat, 17 Apr 2021 09:56 GMT
- Takeda Begins Regulatory Submissions for Dengue Vaccine Candidate in EU and Dengue-Endemic Countries - Business Wire
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 07:00 GMT
- Health Alert: Peruvian Ministry of Health warns of increased cases of Zika, dengue, and chikungunya (March 25, 2021) | US Embassy in Peru - US Embassy in Peru - USEmbassy.gov
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 07:00 GMT
- H1 2021 - Dengue Fever Global Clinical Trials Review - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 09:25 GMT
- Reunion dengue epidemic intensifies - Outbreak News Today - Outbreak News Today
Thu, 15 Apr 2021 23:22 GMT
- Global Dengue Vaccines Disease Analysis Report 2021-2022: Approvals of TV003/TV005 and Domestic Vaccines will Lead to Considerable Competition - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo Finance
Thu, 15 Apr 2021 15:46 GMT
- IIT-D develops device for early dengue diagnosis - Times of India
Sat, 17 Apr 2021 22:54 GMT
- Cook Islands 2021 Dengue Type-2 (DENV-2) Outbreak, Situation Report (Latest Updated Data: 22 March 2021) - Cook Islands - ReliefWeb
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 07:00 GMT
- MCG, Gurugram health dept to start ops to curb spread of dengue, malaria in 10 days: Officials - Hindustan Times
Sun, 28 Mar 2021 07:00 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (137): thrombosis risk, comment, variants, UK/India, WHO, global
Sat, 17 Apr 2021 23:59:26 -0400
COVID-19 -- Worldwide/Unknown
Many viruses can hamper coagulation, including those that cause dengue fever and yellow fever. In more severe cases, they may lead to bleeding. This is why these diseases are considered hemorrhagic viral fevers. In a paper recently published in the science magazine "Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz," a group of 10 researchers argues that the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) should be the 1st agent recognized as acting in the opposite fashion, by increasing the formation of blood clots (also
- Molecular Analysis of Targeted Insecticide Resistance Gene Mutations in Field-Caught Mosquitos of Medical Importance From Saudi Arabia Sat, 17 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Gene mutations on target sites can be a valuable indicator of the status of insecticide resistance. Jeddah, a global commercial and major port-of-entry city, is bearing the brunt of dengue disease burden in Saudi Arabia. In the current study, six genotypes of three codon combinations (989, 1016, and 1534) were observed on voltage-gated sodium channel (VGSC) gene in Jeddah's Aedes aegypti population, with PGF/PGC as the dominant one. Two types of introns between exon 20 and 21 on VGSC have been...
- Field and classroom initiatives for portable sequence-based monitoring of dengue virus in Brazil Sat, 17 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Brazil experienced a large dengue virus (DENV) epidemic in 2019, highlighting a continuous struggle with effective control and public health preparedness. Using Oxford Nanopore sequencing, we led field and classroom initiatives for the monitoring of DENV in Brazil, generating 227 novel genome sequences of DENV1-2 from 85 municipalities (2015-2019). This equated to an over 50% increase in the number of DENV genomes from Brazil available in public databases. Using both phylogenetic and...
- Clinical features and outcomes of neonatal dengue at the Children's Hospital 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Fri, 16 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Objectives Neonatal dengue has been reported in the literature with contradictory findings of clinical characteristics and diagnosis; thereby, misdiagnosis of neonatal dengue has been frequently reported. We aim to delve into the epidemiology, clinical features, and outcomes of neonatal dengue, thus avoid misdiagnosis and obtain early intervention. Study design A retrospective study was conducted at Children's Hospital 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam with laboratory-confirmed dengue in neonates by...
- Anti-GM1 IgM antibody positive axonal variant of Guillain-Barre-syndrome in a pediatric patient with dengue fever Fri, 16 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSION: In a pediatric patient with DF and acute flaccid paralysis, GBS should always be one of the considerations. Although rare, anti-ganglioside GM1 IgM antibody can still be found in axonal variant of GBS.
- Enhanced passive surveillance dengue infection among febrile children: Prevalence, co-infections and associated factors in Cameroon Fri, 16 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Dengue virus (DENV) causes a spectrum of diseases ranging from asymptomatic, mild febrile to a life-threatening illness: dengue hemorrhagic fever. The main clinical symptom of dengue is fever, similar to that of malaria. The prevalence of dengue virus infection, alone or in association with other endemic infectious diseases in children in Cameroon is unknown. The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of dengue, malaria and HIV in children presenting with fever and associated risk...
- New traps for the capture of Aedes aegypti (Linnaeus) and Aedes albopictus (Skuse) (Diptera: Culicidae) eggs and adults Fri, 16 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The control of arboviruses carried by Aedes aegypti (Linnaeus) and Aedes albopictus (Skuse) can be performed with tools that monitor and reduce the circulation of these vectors. Therefore, the efficiency of four types of traps in capturing A. aegypti and A. albopictus eggs and adults, with the biological product Vectobac WG, was evaluated in the field. For this, 20 traps were installed in two locations, which were in the South (Londrina, Paraná) and North (Manaus, Amazonas) Regions of Brazil,...
- Whole inactivated dengue virus-loaded trimethyl chitosan nanoparticle-based vaccine: immunogenic properties in ex vivo and in vivo models Fri, 16 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Dengue virus (DENV) is a mosquito-borne virus that poses an incomparable public health problem, particularly in tropical and subtropical areas. Vaccination remains the most rational measure for controlling DENV infection. In this study, an ultraviolet irradiation (UV)-inactivated DENV-2 carried by N,N,N-trimethyl chitosan nanoparticles (UV-inactivated DENV2 TMC NPs) was investigated as a potential non-replicating dengue vaccine candidate. Using a human ex vivo model, the human monocyte-derived...
- Microbial Diversity of Adult Aedes aegypti and Water Collected from Different Mosquito Aquatic Habitats in Puerto Rico Fri, 16 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Mosquitoes, the major vectors of viruses like dengue, are naturally host to diverse microorganisms, which play an important role in their development, fecundity, immunity, and vector competence. The composition of their microbiota is strongly influenced by the environment, particularly their aquatic larval habitat. In this study, we used 2×300 bp 16s Illumina sequencing to compare the microbial profiles of emerging adult Aedes aegypti mosquitoes and the water collected from common types of...
- Epidemiology of dengue virus infections in Nepal, 2006-2019 Fri, 16 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSIONS: There is a high risk of dengue outbreak in the lowland Terai region, with increasing spread towards the mid-mountains and beyond as seen over the last 14 years. Urgent measures are required to increase the availability of diagnostics and resources to mitigate future dengue epidemics.
- Co-Circulation of 3 Dengue Virus Serotypes led to a Severe dengue outbreak in Xishuangbanna, a border area of China, Myanmar and Laos, 2019 Thu, 15 Apr 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Dengue fever has been included in the top ten global health threats announced by the World Health Organization (WHO) in early 2019. In some southern provinces of China, autochthonous outbreak have also been reported in the last decade. An unexpected large outbreak of dengue fever was reported in Xishuangbanna, a border area of China, Myanmar and Laos, in 2019. Among the 226 hospitalized cases, 90 were diagnosed with severe dengue according to the 2009 World Health Organization guidelines....