Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Paraguay Dengue Fever Death Toll Rises to 34Paraguay Dengue Fever Death Toll Rises to 34 - The New York Times
Fri, 28 Feb 2020 15:29 GMT
- Dengue Type 2 Confirmed on Easter Island - Vax Before Travel
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 00:04 GMT
- Dengue Outbreaks in the Americas Continue in 2020 - Vax Before Travel
Fri, 21 Feb 2020 15:48 GMT
- US Dengue Cases Mostly Contracted Through Foreign Travel - Contagionlive.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 18:06 GMT
- Electrocuting mosquitoes: a new hope for monitoring dengue vectors? - BugBitten - BMC Blogs Network
Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:09 GMT
- Deaths from dengue fever in Paraguay spike to 16 under strained health system - Reuters
Fri, 14 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRPK017 - Operations Update n° 2 (28 February 2020) - Pakistan - ReliefWeb
Fri, 28 Feb 2020 00:00 GMT
- 90% of Dengue Fever Cases Could Be Prevented - MedicineNet
Thu, 13 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Airlie Beach dengue fever case confirmed - Daily Mercury
Fri, 28 Feb 2020 03:58 GMT
- Dengue outbreak possible with rise of DenV-3, a virus type not dominant in more than 30 years - The Straits Times
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- CDC: Thousands of Dengue Virus Cases Reported in US Over 8 Years - Pharmacy Times
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Dengue fever emergency: 3-year-old dies in Iquitos - Andean Airmail & PERUVIAN TIMES
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 17:25 GMT
- Dengue cases expected to rise further, Health News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
Wed, 12 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Dengue threat still remains in Bangladesh - newagebd.net
Fri, 28 Feb 2020 18:21 GMT
- The omission of new dengue cases wrong | Editorials - The Guam Daily Post
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:00 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Dengue/DHF update (02): Asia, Pacific
Sun, 23 Feb 2020 23:35:22 -0500
Dengue -- Worldwide/Unknown
Since the beginning of the epidemic (2017):
- More than 25 070 confirmed native cases
- 739 hospitalizations
- 2440 emergency visits
- 20 deaths, including 12 directly related to dengue.
[in French trans Corr.SB]
- La Reunion Island (French overseas territory). 11 Feb 2020. From 27 Jan to 2 Feb 2020, 81 cases of indigenous dengue fever were confirmed. The number of indigenous cases continues to increase. Circulation of the virus is actively continuing on the island, particularly in
- A Simple Method for the Design and Development of Flavivirus NS1 Recombinant Proteins Using an In Silico Approach.
- Mosquito-borne viral diseases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: a review.
- Leptospirosis in Indonesia: diagnostic challenges associated with atypical clinical manifestations and limited laboratory capacity.
- Understanding the role of antibody glycosylation through the lens of severe viral and bacterial diseases.
- BPIFB3 regulates ER morphology to facilitate flavivirus replication.
- DEAD-box RNA Helicase DDX3: Functional Properties and Development of DDX3 Inhibitors as Antiviral and Anticancer Drugs.