Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Sri Lanka Reports 55,894 Dengue Cases, 74 Deaths So Far - News18
Wed, 23 Oct 2019 09:41 GMT
- Second case of native dengue confirmed in France Another case of native dengue fever has been - The Connexion
Wed, 23 Oct 2019 09:25 GMT
- Dengue fever: More than 67000 cases - Hyderus Cyf
Tue, 22 Oct 2019 03:37 GMT
- Turnaround in dengue situation but public urged not to drop their guard - The Straits Times
Tue, 22 Oct 2019 21:00 GMT
- County Issues Advisory After Resident Contracts Dengue Fever - Patch.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2019 16:26 GMT
- Florida Issues Advisory After 1 Confirmed Case of Dengue Fever - News18
Fri, 18 Oct 2019 06:11 GMT
- Vulnerable to virus or delayed detection: What explains TN's dengue deaths among kids? - The News Minute
Wed, 23 Oct 2019 13:08 GMT
- Dengue fever ravages Asia Pacific - UNDP
Wed, 02 Oct 2019 07:00 GMT
- Florida leads the nation in dengue fever-related cases. What is it? - WTSP.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2019 18:21 GMT
- Delhi's Anti-dengue Drive Brought Down Cases to 5 Years Low, Says Kejriwal Govt - News18
Wed, 23 Oct 2019 06:37 GMT
- Travel-Related and Local Dengue Cases Increase in the USA - Vax Before Travel
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 07:00 GMT
- This is the Worst Dengue Year in Nearly a Decade. It May Get Worse from Here. - Direct Relief
Fri, 04 Oct 2019 07:00 GMT
- Telangana Lawyers Boycott Court as Khammam Judge Succumbs to Dengue - News18
Wed, 23 Oct 2019 06:51 GMT
- Dengue cases are surging around the world. Some blame a changing climate. - The Washington Post
Fri, 04 Oct 2019 07:00 GMT
- Nepal is reeling from an unprecedented dengue outbreak - Science News
Mon, 07 Oct 2019 07:00 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Japanese encephalitis & other - India (30): (TG/AD)
Mon, 21 Oct 2019 07:36:23 -0400
Japanese Encephalitis -- India
The respite from cases of dengue, notwithstanding, the city [Hyderabad] is now caught in the grip of viral encephalitis, or brain fever. There is an alarming increase in the number of viral encephalitis cases being reported across city hospitals. This is ironic as October is medically termed as 'fair-weather' season. The rise in the number of cases has been worrisome and those getting inflicted include children and elders.
Many are complaining of fever of the brain with body temperature
- Control of the 2018-2019 dengue fever outbreak in Oman, a country previously without local transmission.
- Seroprevalence of Zika virus in selected regions in Kenya.
- Inhibition of dengue virus infection by 1-stearoyl-2-arachidonoyl-phosphatidylinositol in vitro.
- The long-term changing dynamics of dengue infectivity in Guangdong, China, from 2008-2018: a modelling analysis.
- Inapparent dengue virus infection among students in Mandalay, Myanmar.
- Association of Allergic Symptoms with Dengue Infection and Severity: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- ER-shaping atlastin proteins act as central hubs to promote flavivirus replication and virion assembly.
- Anti-inflammatory compound shows therapeutic safety and efficacy against flavivirus infection.