Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Determining dengue virus serostatus by indirect IgG ELISA compared with focus reduction neutralisation test in children in Cebu, Philippines: a prospective population-based study - The Lancet
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 15:05 GMT
- Study uncovers 'enormous burden of dengue' among Kenyan children - Healio
Fri, 30 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- COVID-19's impact on dengue transmission - Medical News Today
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 08:00 GMT
- Modified Mosquitoes Suppress Dengue in Field Trial - MedPage Today
Fri, 20 Nov 2020 18:03 GMT
- Observe ‘Dry Day’ to check dengue - The Tribune India
Thu, 26 Nov 2020 02:40 GMT
- Is the COVID-19 pandemic affecting dengue virus case numbers? - Science Daily
Thu, 29 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- ‘Less dengue cases reported due to coronavirus this year’ - Times of India
Wed, 25 Nov 2020 22:30 GMT
- Liver drug treatment hope for dengue fever after Dhaka research - Dhaka Tribune
Wed, 25 Nov 2020 14:36 GMT
- Delhi: Winter gives break from malaria, but not dengue - Times of India
Mon, 23 Nov 2020 23:22 GMT
- Costa Rica dengue cases through October tops all of 2019 - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 21:39 GMT
- West Bengal issues advisory on dengue-Covid attacks - Times of India
Wed, 25 Nov 2020 22:30 GMT
- Dengue rears head in KP - The Express Tribune
Wed, 25 Nov 2020 04:18 GMT
- Immunogenicity and safety of simplified vaccination schedules for the CYD-TDV dengue vaccine in healthy individuals aged 9–50 years (CYD65): a randomised, controlled, phase 2, non-inferiority study - The Lancet
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:44 GMT
- Child dies in St Vincent from dengue fever - Jamaica Gleaner
Tue, 24 Nov 2020 21:22 GMT
- Meerut: Fear of Covid makes people to guard against dengue, malaria - Times of India
Sun, 22 Nov 2020 23:24 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Dengue/DHF update (13): Asia, Europe, Africa, Pacific, viremia
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 16:30:02 -0500
Dengue -- Bangladesh
Background: Dengue infection is a global health threat. While symptomatic cases contribute to morbidity and mortality, the majority of infected people are asymptomatic but serve as an important reservoir. However, the kinetics of viremia in asymptomatic infections remains unknown.
Methods: We enrolled 279 hospital-based symptomatic index cases and quantified dengue virus (DENV) RNA at enrollment and at the day of defervescence. To identify asymptomatic cases, 175 household members of index
- 22β-hydroxytingenone induces apoptosis and suppresses invasiveness of melanoma cells by inhibiting MMP-9 activity and MAPK signaling.
- A comprehensive review on the antiviral activities of chalcones.
- The metabolic syndrome is associated with the risk of urothelial carcinoma from a health examination database.
- Current Understanding of the Pathogenesis of Dengue Virus Infection.
- A Review of Piezoelectric and Magnetostrictive Biosensor Materials for Detection of COVID-19 and Other Viruses.
- A patent review on strategies for biological control of mosquito vector.
- Performance evaluation of machine learning-based infectious screening flags on the HORIBA Medical Yumizen H550 Haematology Analyzer for vivax malaria and dengue fever.
- Clinical Symptoms of Arboviruses in Mexico.
- Researcher and study participants' perspectives of consent in clinical studies in four referral hospitals in Vietnam.